Saturday, September 27, 2008

Another Lazy Saturday With the Family

Saturdays are great. DJ, Erica and I get to spend all day together relaxing without work or plans. It felt great to sleep in past 6AM, well besides the scheduled feeding for our little man. After the nice morning of extended sleep, Erica went to Michael's to pick up a few arts and crafts items. While she was out, my brother Ron stopped by for a really quick visit to pick up some Nintendo Wii controllers so that my cousins could play his latest game, Star Wars The Force Unleashed. Here's a quick pic with DJ and his Uncle Ron.


Once Erica got home, she made both of us her version of egg mcmuffins consisting of a broken yolk egg, cheese and toasted english muffins. I added salami to mine. While we ate our brunch, we watched Sex & the City the movie, where I feel asleep with baby DJ. Before that we took some mock pictures of me falling asleep, but sneaky Erica got me while I was actually asleep. Can you tell which one is the actual act of me sleeping?

After our quick 45 minute nap, Erica and I decided to get imprints of DJ's right hand and left foot on clay. He wasn't fully awake yet so it was the perfect time to get them done. Not only did we get his imprints done on clay, we also got black ink footprints on colored paper for a scrap book.


Derek got another treat. JR, Lei and Lola Lani came by to visit our boy. They were very excited to see him. It was great to have our best man from our wedding, Lei and JR's mom over. This was the first time that JR and company came by to see our place and the first time they've met DJ in person. We got to catch up on old time and stories, including a story where Auntie told JR for the very first time that his birth name was Nelson and not simply JR. This event happend backed when JR and I were in kindergarten at Perry Elementary back in 1985. It was a great story. I couldn't imagine having being called a certain name for five years and then realizing that I am called another name.

No comments: