Sunday, September 21, 2008

1st Post of the Blog


Hey Everyone! Welcome to the S-B blog! Thanks to the inspiration our favorite photographer and great friend, Susie Linquist of Susie Linquist Photography (check her site out, we're on it Susie's Blog! if you need wedding, baby or family pics, she's the best in the business), we've decided to share highlights of our life. Since August 26, Erica and I became proud parents of a baby boy. DJ is the greatest blessing that we could have ever asked for. Now 3 weeks, heading to 4, he's growing by the week.

Everyday is a different experience raising this boy. When Erica was pregnant, all we could hear from people was the common "better get your rest now or say goodbye to your sleep and social life." First off, we're home bodies so we didn't really have much of a social life to begin with. Also, believe it or not, I myself have been actually getting more sleep (can't speak for Erica, although she's getting more naps in) and have been way more productive both at work and at home. For instance, I used to get in the office at around 9 and felt like I didn't get enough done to a point where I didn't really take lunch breaks. Now, I get into work between 630-730 and have achieved a ranking of being within the top 30% of my company. At home, not only do I get at least 6 hours of sleep, but the apartment is clean. Being a parent has shown a sense of responsibility and drive to succeed and inspire.

Enough about me, let me catch you guys up on what we have accomplished since DJ has blessed our lives. As the 4th week of Chewy's existence approaches, so far we have been taking it easy. Last week, we had a photo shoot with Susie and based on what she's shown us so far (Susie's Blog), she has captured some amazing shots. There were a few milestones like his first bath, our first outing with DJ at our favorite Restaurant Onami's & Babies R Us and our baby's first "belly time." Enjoy the photos!




One last tid bit...Our boy sticks his tongue out a few moments after his mommy sticks her tongue out.

No comments: