Saturday, October 18, 2008

Its Been A While...

...Since I updated you guys on what we've been up to. Last Thursday was the end of Derek's 2nd week with his grandparents and he is fully adjusted to being somewhere other than our apartment. We're so glad that its been successful.

Last Monday was the first of 10 Daddy-Derek days. My work gives me paid parental time for parents with newborn babies. I used my first day to spend it with him. It was great hanging out with the little guy. He didn't cry except for when he was hungry. Other than that, he was good to go. I took him along with Kiwi & Nala for a quick walk around the apartment complex.

Also, Derek is now sleeping in longer than usual. He is out in 5-hour increments. He used to wake up midnight, 3AM & 6AM. Now he sleeps in all the way until 3AM instead of waking up an additional time. Other than that, we've worked and mastered our usual routine. The Grandparents pick up Derek on Tuesdays thru Thursday, we go to work and pick him up after work.

Today (Saturday) was a very fun and eventful. It started with Derek and I waking up at around 4AM. I got plenty of sleep even though it was so early. We slept at 9PM and had a good stretch until around 4. I spent some time with him and couldn't sleep. He fell asleep in on my lap and instead of sleeping, I played some online Madden on PS2(yeah I know its PS2 and not PS3 or Xbox 360, but hey the game was free and its still just as fun. The only difference really is the graphics). Got a couple of games in and Erica got a chance to get some well needed rest. She slept for a good 10 hours. As soon as Erica got up, we gave Derek a bath.

After that, we had soup and a sandwich and watched a bunch of episodes of How I Met Your Mother. After a few episodes, Derek and I fell asleep. Check out the pics of us two that Erica took of us:

After the Derek and I woke up, all of us got ready to go to our Auntie Nedy's Birthday Party. It was Derek's first party and he did really well. He loves party music. It helped a great deal that his grandparents were there. He spent some really great quality time with both of them, especially. Here's a pic with smiling Derek with his grandma, Erica & Derek and our happy family:
Another milestone that happened tonight was Derek's first ever trip to Walmart! We're such dorks that we actually got a pic of him in front of the Eastlake (Chula Vista-South San Diego) Walmart location:

Tomorrow...Charger Football!!!!!

No comments: