Monday, October 20, 2008

Daddy Derek Day 2.0

So today was day 2 for Daddy time with Derek. My work grants me 10 days of parental time to spend with our little newborn and I have to use them up by the end of November. It was a very fun and successful day with the little guy. Lets recap. As soon as Erica fed Derek and went off to work, I tried my best to get in a quick nap to start the day. Unfortunately that didn't happen. He was a sleep for a good 15 minutes and then he was wide awake. We hung out for quite a bit. Derek got some tummy time, jumpies and baby gym time. I joined him under the little contraption.
After his "intense" workout, he took a quick nap. That was prime time for me to make myself a quick meal. I microwaved a Vons Eating Right meal and ate it right before Derek woke up.


Derek took another nap and as soon as he woke up for that one, we visited Erica at her work. He was really good in the car. He only cried for about a minute or two and then he slept through. We got there at around 12:30. According to Erica's coworkers, he grew pretty quick since the last time that they saw him. He woke up for a few minutes and provided some smiles for the crowd. After that, Erica fed baby and he fell right asleep. I took a quick nap while Derek was eating and we headed back home.
When we got home, Derek was still asleep so I let him rest in the car seat. He's starting to not hate the car seat as much. A few weeks ago, he dreaded the thing. After Erica figured out how to loosen the belts, he gets in and doesn't get fussy. We waited not took long until Erica got home. Derek is the happiest baby in the world once he sees his mommy. The rest of the time, we relaxed and called it a night. Derek Daddy Day 2 was awesome!

No comments: